Cubs vs. Rockies Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 22
The Chicago Cubs (79-74) and Colorado Rockies (56-96) both enter Friday's outing on losing streaks. The Cubs have dropped two straight games, the Rockies four in a row.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Cubs will send Jameson Taillon (7-10) to the mound, while Noah Davis (0-2) will answer the bell for the Rockies.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Cubs vs. Rockies Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 22, 2023
- Time: 2:20 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Wrigley Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Taillon - CHC (7-10, 5.47 ERA) vs Davis - COL (0-2, 9.58 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Rockies Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cubs vs Rockies Odds|
|Cubs vs Rockies Prediction|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Rockies|
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jameson Taillon
- Taillon (7-10) will take the mound for the Cubs, his 28th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday, Sept. 13, when he gave up three earned runs and allowed seven hits in five innings against the Colorado Rockies.
- The 31-year-old has an ERA of 5.47, a 3.63 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.316 in 27 games this season.
- He has started 27 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in six of them.
- Taillon has pitched five or more innings in six straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has finished three appearances without allowing an earned run in 27 chances this season.
Jameson Taillon vs. Rockies
- The Rockies have scored 678 runs this season, which ranks 19th in MLB. They are batting .249 for the campaign with 146 home runs, 28th in the league.
- The right-hander has faced the Rockies one time this season, allowing them to go 7-for-23 with a double, two home runs and three RBI in five innings.
Rockies Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Noah Davis
- Davis (0-2 with a 9.58 ERA and 18 strikeouts in 20 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Rockies, his fifth of the season.
- His most recent time out came out of the bullpen on Sunday when the righty threw two scoreless innings against the San Francisco Giants without giving up a hit.
- In six games this season, the 26-year-old has amassed an ERA of 9.58, with 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .352 against him.
- Davis is looking to secure his second start of five or more innings this year in this game.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in two of his six outings this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.