Cubs vs. Padres Probable Starting Pitchers Today - June 2
The San Diego Padres (26-30) and Chicago Cubs (24-31) square off on Friday at 9:40 PM ET, beginning a four-game series at PETCO Park.
The probable starters are Michael Wacha (5-1) for the Padres and Jameson Taillon (0-3) for the Cubs.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Cubs vs. Padres Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, June 2, 2023
- Time: 9:40 PM ET
- TV: SDPA
- Location: San Diego, California
- Venue: PETCO Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Wacha - SD (5-1, 3.45 ERA) vs Taillon - CHC (0-3, 7.76 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Padres vs Cubs Betting Trends & Stats|
|Padres vs Cubs Player Props|
|Padres vs Cubs Prediction|
|How to Watch Padres vs Cubs|
|Padres vs Cubs Odds|
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jameson Taillon
- Taillon gets the start for the Cubs, his ninth of the season. He is 0-3 with a 7.76 ERA and 32 strikeouts in 31 1/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out was on Saturday against the Cincinnati Reds, when the right-hander went 4 2/3 innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up six hits.
- In eight games this season, the 31-year-old has amassed an ERA of 7.76, with 9.2 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .313 against him.
- Taillon does not have a quality start so far this season.
- Taillon is looking to collect his third start of five or more innings this year in this matchup.
Padres Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Michael Wacha
- The Padres will send Wacha (5-1) to the mound for his 11th start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed five hits in seven innings against the New York Yankees.
- The 31-year-old has an ERA of 3.45, a 3.50 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.099 in 10 games this season.
- If he completes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs allowed, he'll earn his sixth consecutive quality start.
- Wacha has pitched five or more innings in six straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- Among qualified pitchers this campaign, the 31-year-old's 3.45 ERA ranks 27th, 1.099 WHIP ranks 23rd, and 7.7 K/9 ranks 49th.
Michael Wacha vs. Cubs
- The Cubs rank 20th in MLB with 248 runs scored this season. They have a .254 batting average this campaign with 66 home runs (10th in the league).
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Cubs in one game, and they have gone 4-for-19 with a double, a home run and three RBI over five innings.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.