Tigers vs. Royals Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 24
The Kansas City Royals (15-35) and Detroit Tigers (21-25) meet on Wednesday at 7:40 PM ET at Kauffman Stadium, attempting to break a 1-1 series tie.
The Royals will give the nod to Zack Greinke (1-5, 4.82 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 2 on the season, and the Tigers will counter with Matthew Boyd (3-3, 6.21 ERA).
Tigers vs. Royals Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2023
- Time: 7:40 PM ET
- TV: BSKC
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Venue: Kauffman Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Greinke - KC (1-5, 4.82 ERA) vs Boyd - DET (3-3, 6.21 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Tigers Injury Report|
|Royals vs Tigers Betting Trends & Stats|
|Royals vs Tigers Player Props|
|Royals vs Tigers Prediction|
|How to Watch Royals vs Tigers|
|Royals vs Tigers Odds|
Tigers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Matthew Boyd
- Boyd gets the start for the Tigers, his ninth of the season. He is 3-3 with a 6.21 ERA and 33 strikeouts in 37 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Friday, the lefty went 5 2/3 innings against the Washington Nationals, giving up three earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- The 32-year-old has put up an ERA of 6.21, with 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings in eight games this season. Opposing batters have a .260 batting average against him.
- Boyd is trying to secure his second quality start of the season.
- Boyd heads into the game with five outings of five or more innings pitched this year.
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Zack Greinke
- The Royals' Greinke (1-5) will make his 11th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed five hits in 5 2/3 innings pitched against the Chicago White Sox on Saturday.
- The 39-year-old has an ERA of 4.82 and 6.2 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .268 in 10 games this season.
- In 10 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in one of them.
- Greinke has four starts in a row of five innings or more.
- Among qualified major league pitchers this season, the 39-year-old's 4.82 ERA ranks 60th, 1.185 WHIP ranks 33rd, and 6.2 K/9 ranks 65th.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.