White Sox vs. Guardians Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 23
Published: May. 23, 2023 at 12:09 PM EDT|Updated: May. 23, 2023 at 4:08 PM EDT
The Cleveland Guardians (21-26) host the Chicago White Sox (19-30) at 6:10 PM ET on Tuesday.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Guardians will send Logan Allen (1-1) to the mound, while Dylan Cease (2-3) will take the ball for the White Sox.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
White Sox vs. Guardians Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, May 23, 2023
- Time: 6:10 PM ET
- TV: BSGL
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Venue: Progressive Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Allen - CLE (1-1, 3.04 ERA) vs Cease - CHW (2-3, 4.78 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Discover More About This Game
|White Sox Injury Report|
|Guardians vs White Sox Betting Trends & Stats|
|Guardians vs White Sox Player Props|
|How to Watch Guardians vs White Sox|
|Guardians vs White Sox Odds|
|Guardians vs White Sox Prediction|
White Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Dylan Cease
- Cease gets the start for the White Sox, his 11th of the season. He is 2-3 with a 4.78 ERA and 57 strikeouts over 52 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander's most recent time out was on Thursday against the Cleveland Guardians, when he tossed 6 1/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing five hits.
- The 27-year-old has a 4.78 ERA and 9.7 strikeouts per nine innings over 10 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .242 to his opponents.
- Cease is trying to continue a second-game quality start streak in this game.
- Cease will try to build upon a five-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he's averaging 5.2 frames per outing).
Dylan Cease vs. Guardians
- He will face a Guardians offense that ranks 28th in the league with 167 total runs scored while batting .225 as a squad. His opponent has a collective .341 slugging percentage (30th in MLB action) and has hit a total of 29 home runs (30th in the league).
- In 6 1/3 innings over one appearance against the Guardians this season, Cease has a 4.26 ERA and a 0.947 WHIP while his opponents are batting .208.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Guardians Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Logan Allen
- The Guardians' Allen (1-1) will make his sixth start of the season.
- The left-hander's last appearance was on Thursday, when he threw 5 2/3 innings against the Chicago White Sox, giving up one earned run while allowing seven hits.
- The 24-year-old has pitched in five games this season with an ERA of 3.04, a 3.63 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.463.
- He has earned a quality start one time in five starts this season.
- Allen has made four starts of five or more innings in five chances this season, and averages 5.2 frames when he pitches.
Logan Allen vs. White Sox
- The White Sox have scored 203 runs this season, which ranks 20th in MLB. They have 402 hits, 14th in baseball, with 51 home runs (18th in the league).
- The left-hander has allowed the White Sox to go 7-for-23 with two doubles and an RBI in 5 2/3 innings this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.