Cubs vs. Mets Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 23
Published: May. 23, 2023 at 12:13 PM EDT|Updated: May. 23, 2023 at 6:13 PM EDT
The New York Mets (25-23) carry a five-game win streak into a home matchup versus the Chicago Cubs (20-26), at 7:40 PM ET on Tuesday.
The Cubs will give the nod to Drew Smyly (4-1) versus the Mets and Tylor Megill (5-2).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Cubs vs. Mets Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, May 23, 2023
- Time: 7:40 PM ET
- TV: MARQ
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Wrigley Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Smyly - CHC (4-1, 2.86 ERA) vs Megill - NYM (5-2, 3.88 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Read More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Mets Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cubs vs Mets Player Props|
|Cubs vs Mets Prediction|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Mets|
|Cubs vs Mets Odds|
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Drew Smyly
- Smyly (4-1) will take the mound for the Cubs, his 10th start of the season.
- The left-hander's last appearance was on Thursday, when he threw six innings against the Houston Astros, giving up one earned run while allowing four hits.
- The 33-year-old has pitched in nine games this season with an ERA of 2.86, a 4.60 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of .934.
- He's looking to extend his two-game quality start streak.
- Smyly will look to finish five or more innings for the third start in a row.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Mets Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Tylor Megill
- Megill makes the start for the Mets, his 10th of the season. He is 5-2 with a 3.88 ERA and 35 strikeouts in 46 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Thursday against the Tampa Bay Rays, the right-hander tossed six innings, giving up two earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- In nine games this season, the 27-year-old has an ERA of 3.88, with 6.8 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .249 against him.
- Megill is looking to collect his third quality start of the year.
- Megill will try to continue a three-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he's averaging 5.1 frames per appearance).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.