Cubs vs. Mets: Odds, spread, over/under - May 23
The Chicago Cubs (20-26) and the New York Mets (25-23) will match up on Tuesday, May 23 at Wrigley Field, with Drew Smyly getting the ball for the Cubs and Tylor Megill taking the hill for the Mets. The first pitch will be thrown at 7:40 PM ET.
The Mets are listed as -105 moneyline underdogs for this matchup with the favorite Cubs (-115). The contest's over/under has been set at 8.5 runs.
Cubs vs. Mets Time and TV Channel
- Date: Tuesday, May 23, 2023
- Time: 7:40 PM ET
- TV: MARQ
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Wrigley Field
- Probable Pitchers: Smyly - CHC (4-1, 2.86 ERA) vs Megill - NYM (5-2, 3.88 ERA)
Watch live sports and TV without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to Fubo!
Cubs vs. Mets Betting Odds, Run Line and Total
See the odds, run line and over/under for this matchup available on several sportsbooks.
|Cubs Moneyline||Mets Moneyline||Run Line||Total|
|DraftKings||-115||-105||-||8.5||Bet on this game with DraftKings!|
|BetMGM||-115||-105||-||8.5||Bet on this game with BetMGM!|
|PointsBet||-120||+100||-||8.5||Bet on this game with PointsBet!|
Looking to put money on the Cubs and Mets matchup but aren't sure how to get started? Here's a quick primer. Some of the most common betting types include the moneyline, run line, and total. A moneyline bet means that you think one of the teams -- the Cubs (-115), for instance -- will win. It's that easy! If the Cubs bring home the win, and you bet $10, you'd get $18.70 back.
Plus, there are lots of other ways to bet, like player props (will Dansby Swanson hit a home run?), parlays (combining picks from multiple games to multiply your winnings), and more. For more details on the many ways you can play, check out the BetMGM website and app.
Ready to place your bet? Click here to sign up and claim your BetMGM Promo today.
Discover More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Mets Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cubs vs Mets Player Props|
|Cubs vs Mets Pitching Matchup|
|Cubs vs Mets Prediction|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Mets|
Cubs vs. Mets Betting Trends and Insights
- The Cubs have won 10, or 47.6%, of the 21 games they've played as favorites this season.
- The Cubs have a 10-11 record (winning 47.6% of their games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -115 or shorter.
- Chicago has a 53.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Over the last 10 games, the Cubs have not been favored on the moneyline.
- In its last 10 matchups, Chicago and its opponents combined to go over the run total nine times (all 10 games had set totals).
- The Mets have been underdogs in 10 games this season and have come away with the win four times (40%) in those contests.
- The Mets have a win-loss record of 1-5 when favored by -105 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The Mets have been underdogs once in the past 10 games and won that contest.
- New York and its opponents have combined to hit the over six times in the last 10 games with a total.
Cubs vs. Mets Player Props
|Hits O/U||Total Bases O/U||HR O/U||RBI O/U|
|Dansby Swanson||0.5 (-222)||1.5 (+135)||0.5 (+475)||0.5 (+170)|
|Nico Hoerner||1.5 (+170)||1.5 (+110)||0.5 (+825)||0.5 (+250)|
|Christopher Morel||0.5 (-125)||0.5 (-125)||0.5 (+575)||0.5 (+270)|
|Seiya Suzuki||0.5 (-175)||0.5 (-175)||0.5 (+675)||0.5 (+170)|
|Yan Gomes||0.5 (-175)||0.5 (-175)||0.5 (+750)||0.5 (+230)|
Check out all the player prop markets available for this game, including betting on players to get a hit, go deep, or pick up a bunch of strikeouts. Head to BetMGM for the latest odds available for the Cubs, and place your bets.
Want a different way to play? Put together your best lineup of players and you could win cash prizes! Sign up for FanDuel Fantasy using our link for the best first-time player offer.
Cubs Futures Odds
|Odds||MLB Rank||NL Central Rank|
|Win World Series||+10000||21st||3rd|
|Win NL Central||+700||-||3rd|
Think the Cubs can win it all? Check out the latest futures odds for Chicago and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook! Be sure to use our link for a great new user offer.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit sportsbook websites for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.