Cubs vs. Phillies Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - May 21
Sunday's game between the Philadelphia Phillies (21-24) and Chicago Cubs (20-25) matching up at Citizens Bank Park has a projected final score of 6-4 (based on our computer prediction) in favor of the Phillies, so it should be a competitive matchup. The game will begin at 1:35 PM ET on May 21.
The Phillies will give the ball to Taijuan Walker (3-2, 6.53 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 4 on the season, and the Cubs will counter with Justin Steele (6-1, 2.44 ERA).
Cubs vs. Phillies Game Info & Odds
- When: Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 1:35 PM ET
- Where: Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Cubs vs. Phillies Score Prediction
Our prediction for this matchup is Phillies 6, Cubs 5.
Total Prediction for Cubs vs. Phillies
- Total Prediction: Over 8.5 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users! Be sure to use our link to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Read More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Phillies vs Cubs Betting Trends & Stats|
|Phillies vs Cubs Player Props|
|Phillies vs Cubs Pitching Matchup|
|How to Watch Phillies vs Cubs|
|Phillies vs Cubs Odds|
Cubs Performance Insights
- In nine games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, the Cubs have posted a mark of 3-6.
- In each of its previous 10 games with a listed over/under, Chicago and its foes have combined to beat the total in every game.
- Oddsmakers have not posted a runline in any of the Cubs' past 10 matchups.
- The Cubs have been victorious in nine, or 40.9%, of the 22 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Chicago has a mark of 8-11 in contests where bookmakers favor it by -105 or worse on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Cubs have a 51.2% chance of pulling out a win.
- Chicago scores the 11th-most runs in baseball (219 total, 4.9 per game).
- Cubs pitchers have a combined ERA of 4.12 ERA this year, which ranks 14th in MLB.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook.
|May 15||@ Astros||L 6-4||Jameson Taillon vs Framber Valdez|
|May 16||@ Astros||L 7-3||Justin Steele vs Cristian Javier|
|May 17||@ Astros||L 7-6||Drew Smyly vs J.P. France|
|May 19||@ Phillies||W 10-1||Marcus Stroman vs Ranger Suárez|
|May 20||@ Phillies||L 12-3||Jameson Taillon vs Aaron Nola|
|May 21||@ Phillies||-||Justin Steele vs Taijuan Walker|
|May 23||Mets||-||Drew Smyly vs Kodai Senga|
|May 24||Mets||-||Marcus Stroman vs Tylor Megill|
|May 25||Mets||-||Jameson Taillon vs Carlos Carrasco|
|May 26||Reds||-||Justin Steele vs Hunter Greene|
|May 27||Reds||-||Justin Steele vs Brandon Williamson|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.