White Sox vs. Royals Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 20
Published: May. 20, 2023 at 8:08 AM EDT|Updated: May. 20, 2023 at 2:08 PM EDT
The Chicago White Sox (17-29) square off against the Kansas City Royals (14-32) on Saturday at Guaranteed Rate Field, at 2:10 PM ET.
The probable pitchers are Lucas Giolito (2-3) for the White Sox and Jordan Lyles (0-7) for the Royals.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
White Sox vs. Royals Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, May 20, 2023
- Time: 2:10 PM ET
- TV: NBCS-CHI
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Guaranteed Rate Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Giolito - CHW (2-3, 3.86 ERA) vs Lyles - KC (0-7, 6.97 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Read More About This Game
|White Sox Injury Report|
|White Sox vs Royals Betting Trends & Stats|
|White Sox vs Royals Player Props|
|How to Watch White Sox vs Royals|
|White Sox vs Royals Odds|
|White Sox vs Royals Prediction|
White Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Lucas Giolito
- Giolito (2-3) will take to the mound for the White Sox and make his 10th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs and allowed seven hits in six innings pitched against the Houston Astros on Sunday.
- The 28-year-old has pitched in nine games this season with an ERA of 3.86, a 5.09 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.118.
- In nine starts this season, he's earned five quality starts.
- Giolito has pitched five or more innings in seven straight games and will look to extend that streak.
Lucas Giolito vs. Royals
- The Royals rank 24th in MLB with a .230 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 22nd in the league (.383) and 44 home runs.
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Royals in one game, and they have gone 5-for-23 with a triple, a home run and two RBI over six innings.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jordan Lyles
- Lyles (0-7 with a 6.97 ERA and 38 strikeouts in 51 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Royals, his 10th of the season.
- In his last time out on Sunday, the right-hander threw 2 1/3 innings against the Milwaukee Brewers, allowing seven earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- In nine games this season, the 32-year-old has an ERA of 6.97, with 6.6 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .250 against him.
- Lyles enters the matchup with one quality start under his belt this season.
- Lyles has pitched five or more innings in a game seven times this season heading into this matchup.
- The 32-year-old's 6.97 ERA ranks 73rd, 1.316 WHIP ranks 45th, and 6.6 K/9 ranks 65th among qualifying pitchers this season.
Jordan Lyles vs. White Sox
- He meets a White Sox offense that ranks 19th in the league with 193 total runs scored while batting .243 as a unit. His opponent has a collective .394 slugging percentage (18th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 50 home runs (16th in the league).
- In nine innings over one appearance against the White Sox this season, Lyles has a 4 ERA and a 0.667 WHIP while his opponents are hitting .182.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.