Cubs vs. Phillies Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 20
Published: May. 20, 2023 at 8:08 AM EDT|Updated: May. 20, 2023 at 4:09 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Phillies (20-24) will look to stop a five-game losing streak when hosting the Chicago Cubs (20-24) at 4:05 PM ET on Saturday.
The Phillies will give the nod to Aaron Nola (3-3) versus the Cubs and Jameson Taillon (0-2).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Cubs vs. Phillies Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, May 20, 2023
- Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV: NBCS-PH
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Venue: Citizens Bank Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Nola - PHI (3-3, 4.53 ERA) vs Taillon - CHC (0-2, 6.29 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Discover More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Phillies vs Cubs Betting Trends & Stats|
|Phillies vs Cubs Player Props|
|How to Watch Phillies vs Cubs|
|Phillies vs Cubs Odds|
|Phillies vs Cubs Prediction|
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jameson Taillon
- Taillon gets the start for the Cubs, his seventh of the season. He is 0-2 with a 6.29 ERA and 26 strikeouts in 24 1/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared on Tuesday against the Houston Astros, when he went 4 2/3 innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- Over six games this season, the 31-year-old has a 6.29 ERA and 9.6 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .297 to opposing hitters.
- Taillon does not have a quality start on the season.
- Taillon enters this game with two outings of five or more innings pitched this campaign.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Aaron Nola
- The Phillies' Nola (3-3) will make his 10th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs in seven innings pitched on Sunday in his last outing, a matchup with the Colorado Rockies.
- The 29-year-old has pitched to a 4.53 ERA this season with 7.0 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 1.9 walks per nine across nine games.
- In nine starts this season, he's earned five quality starts.
- Nola has eight starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The 29-year-old's 4.53 ERA ranks 53rd, 1.114 WHIP ranks 25th, and 7.0 K/9 ranks 56th among qualified pitchers in the majors this year.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.