Join WNDU-TV and our partners and support 16 Pack-A-Backpack
Across Michiana, families and teachers are already looking forward to the new school year when kids can return to the classroom. But right now, many people can’t afford basic school supplies. That’s why WNDU-TV is teaming up with Notre Dame Federal Credit Union, Goodwill, Meijer, and our partners for the 16 Pack-A-Backpack school supply drive. And we’re making it easier and safer than ever for you to help.
Just click the link below to donate to Pack-A-Backpack through Goodwill. For only ten dollars, you can provide a backpack and supplies to help a child start the new school year. Your donation will help children from kindergarten to sixth grade throughout Michiana.
Whether kids return to the classroom fulltime, part time, or study at home, they still need the supplies to succeed. Please support 16 Pack-A-Backpack today.
To help answer your questions, we’ve pulled together some information about this year’s 16 Pack-A-Backpack.
How will my donation be used?
One hundred percent of donations will be used to provide children with the following supplies: a backpack, pencil box, crayons or markers, glue stick, folders, notebooks, filler paper, erasers, a ruler, scissors, pencils, and pens.
We work with Meijer and Goodwill to purchase and safely sort, pack, and distribute supplies to area agencies.
Can I donate supplies?
To ensure the safety of the many people who support Pack-A-Backpack, as well as our generous donors, WNDU-TV will not be collecting supplies in person or at our traditional drop-off locations.
Who gets the supplies?
Local children in kindergarten through sixth grade will get the backpacks and supplies. WNDU-TV works with schools and agencies in our 10-county viewing area to identify children who need the supplies.
If I need school supplies, who do I contact?
Here is a list of 2021 Pack-A-Backpack agencies. Response to the coronavirus may have changed the way these organizations distribute supplies. Please contact them for current distribution details.
St. Joseph County, IN
- South Bend Community School Corporation Backpack Giveaway - August 7 - Brown Community Learning Center - 8:00AM – Noon - For details contact email@example.com - Some supplies available through school counselors.
- Mishawaka Schools - See school social workers - Mishawaka, IN
Elkhart County, IN
- Elkhart Community Schools - See school social workers - Elkhart, IN - (574) 262-5540
- Emerge Ministries - Elkhart, IN 46516 - (574) 215-8401
- Minority Health Coalition-Elkhart - Elkhart, IN 46515 - (574) 522-0128
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Elkhart - Elkhart, IN - (574) 830-5013
Fulton County, IN
- United Fund Backpack Program - (574) 367-7366 x 1007
Kosciusko County, IN
- Warsaw Combined Community Services - 574-265-4179
Marshall County, IN
- Interested parties should contact following school systems directly (Schools receiving supplies from Indiana State Police & Plymouth FOP): Plymouth, LaVille, Culver, Triton, Argos, Bremen, & John Glenn.
Pulaski County, IN
- Pulaski County Backpack Program - (574) 333-5050
Starke County, IN
- Starke County Youth Club/Knox Community Schools - (574) 772-1600 x1851
Berrien County, MI
- Salvation Army Benton Harbor - Benton Harbor, MI 49022 - (269) 927-1353
- Salvation Army Niles - Niles, MI 49120 - (269) 684-2660
- Saint Gabriel Church Hispanic Ministry - Berrien Springs, MI 49103 - (269) 449-0599
- Hands up Ministry - Benton Harbor, MI 49022 - (269) 465-3956 or (269) 782-7490
Cass County, MI
- United Way of Southwest Michigan - (269) 982-1700