Two locally owed businesses are a total loss after a fire broke out early Friday morning on Grape Road in Mishawaka.
A third business has suffered heavy smoke damage.
Politios Italian Restaurant and Factory Direct Spas caught fire around 2 a.m. Friday and both buildings were destroyed.
Investigators say the Outback Steakhouse building next door suffered heavy smoke damage.
Firefighters responded to the scene after heavy smoke was spotted at the scene.
Bleachers Bar, which is a few hundred feet away, was evacuated as a precaution when crews arrived at the scene.
The owners of Politos and Factory Direct Spas were at the scene as crews battled the blaze.
Politos has been in the JMS Plaza for 12 years and both businesses have been in the area for decades.
Both north and southbound lanes of Grape Road between Indian Lakes and Edison were closed for a few hours, but are now open.
Stay with Newscenter 16 throughout the day for much more on this tragic story.