Position: Digital News Producer
Position Code: #20-03
ABOUT GRAY TELEVISION
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WNDU-TV is a great place for experienced communication professionals to make their next career move. Located on the campus of The University of Notre Dame, WNDU is a top-notch multimedia company who has invested heavily in the latest news-gathering and production technology to better serve our community.
As South Bend Indiana's NBC and Antenna TV affiliate, WNDU serves more than 313,000 households in the 98th television DMA. It's an ideal location close to Chicago and Indianapolis and just 30 minutes from Lake Michigan. Home to The University of Notre Dame, Indiana University South Bend, and Saint Mary's College, the South Bend area is a thriving destination for first-rate education, sports, arts, and entertainment.
WNDU has been awarded “Station of the Year" by the Indiana Broadcasters Association. Joining the WNDU team is an opportunity to grow your career by working in a positive and energetic environment.
• Coordinate and contribute to daily content on wndu.com, Facebook, Twitter and all new media platforms
• Execute approved strategies and procedures for digital content
• Daily content development and management
• Coordinate content plans for the news team
• Develop and create compelling content via video/text/photo
• Prior news writing experience or newscast producer experience is preferred
• Working in an environment with tight deadlines
• Writing strong, compelling copy geared toward a target viewer
• Initiative and ability to self-start, learn and react quickly
• Setting and managing digital content plans for news staff
• College degree (Journalism, Communication or related field preferred)
Please apply online at gray.tv/applynow
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.