Advertisement

Middlebury barn destroyed by fire

(WNDU)
Published: Dec. 16, 2019 at 7:25 AM EST
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

A Middlebury barn is considered a total loss after a fire Saturday afternoon.

According to our newsgathering partners at

, fire crews were dispatched to 59832 County Road 35 at around 2:30 p.m. Saturday.

The large barn housed about 10 calves, chickens, and a dog with a litter of week-old puppies, which the family was trying to keep warm with a heat lamp, according to homeowners.

A heat lamp malfunction reportedly sparked the blaze.

Firefighters worked for about a half hour attempting to get the flames under control.

The homeowners said the dogs and the chickens were not able to escape, but the calves were chased out.

Latest News

Latest News