Employees put out accidental kitchen fire at South Bend restaurant

By  | 

SOUTH BEND, Ind. (WNDU) - Crews were called to Hensell's Oaken Bucket just after 11:30 p.m. Monday for reports of flames coming from underneath a cooler unit.

When they arrived, fire officials say the fire had been put out by employees.

The blaze was caused by an overheated compressor unit under the cooler and was found to be accidental.

NewsCenter 16 reached out to Oaken Bucket multiple times, but they did not answer their phone.