Crews respond to barn fire in Mishawaka

Published: Feb. 28, 2016 at 12:33 AM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

A Mishawaka family and their pigs are safe and sound after a barn fire broke out Saturday afternoon.

It happened in the 14400 block of Madison Road.

A family member went to check on their new pigs just after 5 pm and saw smoke in the barn.

Four companies responded and the fire was under control in about 30 minutes.

The fire was contained inside the 40-foot steel barn and no injuries were reported.

Investigators believe the fire could have started from a heat lamp inside the barn.