What’s Cooking: Community meals this week
(WNDU) - What’s cooking in Michiana this week? Our reporting partners at the South Bend Tribune tell us where you can find meals in the community.
This week features burgers and fish!
- Burger Night (Galien American Legion Post 344 - 402 N. Cleveland Avenue) Thursday, June 1, from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. - Burgers or chicken strips. Cost: $8 to $3. Karaoke and fun.
- Fish Fry Buffet (Z.B. Falcons - 323 S. Sheridan Street, South Bend) Friday, June 2, from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. - All you can eat perch, smelt, and pollack squares, mac & cheese, fries, onion rings, salads, coffee. Cost: adults, $14; children (ages 6 to 12), $6. Family friendly environment.
- Fish Fry (Knights of Columbus - 61533 S. Ironwood Road, South Bend) Friday, June 2, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. - All you can eat. Dinners: baked potato or French fries, coleslaw, applesauce. Cost: adults, $14; children (ages 5 to 13), $7; 4 and under, free. Chicken nugget and shrimp dinners available. Dining room seating and carryout available. Call 574-291-2740.
- Fish, Chicken or Shrimp Fry (Ryan A. Balmer American Legion Post 161 - 133 E. Mishawaka Avenue, Mishawaka) Friday, June 2, from 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. - Carryout only. Call ahead Thursday and Friday. Cost: $8 to $14. Call 574-255-8319.
- Fish Fry (American Legion Post 308 - 122 Lincoln Way East, Osceola) Friday, June 2, from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. - All you can eat when dine-in. Curbside pickup and ordering. Call 574-674-6712.
- Kitchen Open (American Legion Post 284 - 23571 Grant Road, South Bend) Friday, June 2, from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. - Dine-in or carryout. Non-smoking post. Call 574-289-4459.
- Kitchen Open (American Legion Pulaski Post 357 - 5414 W. Sample Street, South Bend) Friday, June 2, from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday, June 4, from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. - Fish fry plus full menu on Fridays. Cost: varies. Call 574-234-5073.
- Family Friendly Cookout hosted by South Bend Police Department (Kennedy Park - 2700 Westmoor Street, South Bend) - Saturday, June 3, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. In celebration of the end of the school year. Free food, fun and giveaways.
- Munchie Mondays (Food Truck Alley Days Avenue - Buchanan) Monday, June 5, lunch and dinner. Food and live music.
Submit your event to Cheryl Morey, Newsroom, South Bend Tribune, 635 S. Lafayette Blvd., Suite 138, South Bend, IN 46601; or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is Thursday prior at noon. Please check with the venue for any cancellations.
Copyright 2023 WNDU. All rights reserved.