Crews respond to fire at Mishawaka Inn
MISHAWAKA, Ind. (WNDU) - Firefighters were called to the Mishawaka Inn around 10 p.m. Sunday on a report of a fire.
When they arrived, they found a small mattress fire on the second floor and quickly extinguished it.
There was smoke throughout the second floor, but the flames were contained to just one room. Fortunately, no one was injured.
While the cause of the fire is unknown at this time, Mishawaka Fire Officials want to remind folks to be vigilant during the holidays due to the increase of indoor fire hazards during this time of the year.
“Use caution with space heaters and things of that nature to stay warm,” said Jeff Hums, Battalion Chief at the Mishawaka Fire Department. “Always be safe and avoid plugging multiple things into power strips and things like that.”
Firefighters were on the scene in under five minutes.
Copyright 2022 WNDU. All rights reserved.