Notre Dame nose guard Louis Nix III and offensive tackle Zack Martin will return to school next year and skip the NFL draft.
Coach Brian Kelly started a news conference Monday by announcing that two of his top players would be back. Kelly also says running back Cierre Wood will wait until he receives an evaluation of his draft stock from an NFL advisory committee before deciding if he will return for another season.
The 325-pound Nix anchored one of the top defenses in college football. The junior had 45 tackles and two sacks.
Martin is Notre Dame's top offensive line and a three-year starter.
Wood is the team's second-leading rusher with 740 yards and four touchdowns.
Kelly made no mention of tight end Tyler Eifert who just graduated but has another year of eligibility. Eifert said Monday he will wait until after the bowl game to make his final decision but this year won't be as difficult as last year. All signs point to Eifert leaving for the NFL.