- Coach Brian Kelly says Notre Dame quarterback Everett Golson and UCLA defensive lineman Eddie Vanderdoes won't be playing college football this fall for the same reason: accountability.
- Coach Brian Kelly says he decided to announce Tommy Rees as Notre Dame's starting quarterback after having time to think, even though he initially said it would be a three-way competition in August.
- The wife of the Notre Dame Football coach is a 2-time breast cancer survivor and at her annual Football 101 event to help raise awareness to fight the deadly disease, Paqui showed off some football skills of her own.
- This weekend, the inspiration behind the charity--Charlie and Maura's daughter Hannah--- moved into a home in the living community just beyond Clay High School on Hollyhock Road in St. Joseph County.
- Prized recruit Eddie Vanderdoes has signed with UCLA and will enroll there instead. Notre Dame will not release him from his National Letter of Intent, meaning Vanderdoes can not play this fall and he will lose a year of eligibility. He will three years to play college football starting in 2014.