Wednesday is the early signing day for high school student-athletes in non-football sports. Throughout the country, high school students are signing national letters of intent to play athletics at the highest of levels--many of which are receiving full scholarships.
Here is a look at some of the local athletes who signed national letters of intent on Wednesday.
- Kyle Slack (Edwardsburg) -- Toledo
- Bo Calhoun (SB Washington) -- Ball State
- Jeff Laidig (Penn) -- Belmont
- Todd Johnson (Elkhart Memorial) -- Northern Kentucky
- Brionna Barnett (Elkhart Memorial) -- Wisconsin Green Bay
- Alex Morton (Penn) -- Western Michigan
- Tyler Ostrom (Warsaw) -- Ball State
- Brenna Sherwood (Elkhart Memorial) -- IPFW
- Holly Hoffman (Penn) -- Iowa
- Audra Burtch (Concord) -- Eastern Michigan
- Sarah Brechenser (SB St. Joe)-- Eastern Michigan
- Sarah Coyne (Penn) -- Rutgers
- Annie Drews (Penn) -- Purdue
- Kaitlyn Hickey (Penn) -- IUPUI