Shrimp in Jameson Cream Sauce
Source: Adapted from Nighttown Restaurant in Cleveland via Rachel Ray
4 tablespoons butter, softened
Scant ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or less, to preference)
1 teaspoon paprika
8 ozs button mushrooms, sliced
½ c diced onions
1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
Kosher salt and black pepper
¼ c Jameson whiskey
1 ½ c heavy cream
1. Combine the butter, cayenne and paprika. Place into a saute pan and melt over medium heat.
2. Add the mushrooms and onions, and cook until softened and slightly browned. Season well with salt and pepper.
3. Take the pan off the heat and add the Jameson. Return to the hear, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan for just a few seconds until the whiskey is nearly evaporated.
4. Add the cream and cook until reduced by half and thickened.
5. Add the shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes until cooked through.