• 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
• 2 teaspoons finely chopped yellow onions
• 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno or Serrano chilies, seeds and membranes removed, if desired
• kosher or coarse salt
• 2 large ripe Avocados, peeled and seeded
• 2 tablespoons cored, seeded, and finely chopped plum tomato (1 small tomato)
• 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
• warm tortilla chips, for serving
Mash together 1 tablespoon of the cilantro, 1 teaspoon of the onion, 1 teaspoon of the chile, and ½ teaspoon of salt in the bottom of a molcajete or medium-size bowl.
Add the Avocados and gently mash with a fork until chunky-smooth. Fold the remaining cilantro, onion, and chile into the mixture.
Stir in the tomato and lime juice, adjust the seasonings to taste, and serve with a basket of warm corn tortilla chips.
191 calories, 2.4 grams protein, 18.5 grams fat, 8 grams carbohydrate