2 cups of rolled oats
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
¼ cup pure maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener like honey)
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (or dairy or unsweetened almond milk)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
1 ½ cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 square baking dish with coconut oil and set aside.
2. In a bowl mix together all the dry ingredients (oats, coconut, baking powder, salt, cinnamon).
3. In another bowl, mix all the wet ingredients (milk, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla). If the coconut oil gets a little lumpy that’s ok, it will melt when baking.
4. Put 2/3 of the blueberries in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Pour the oat mixture evenly over the berries. Pour the milk mixture over the oats. Gently shake the baking dish to make sure the milk covers the oats evenly. Sprinkle the remaining blueberries on top of the oats.
5. Bake for 40 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the oatmeal is set. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
6. Plate and serve with your favorite toppings; blueberry chia seed jam, pure maple syrup, mashed banana, dark chocolate chips, slivered almonds or almond butter. This is great warmed up the next day or cut into squares and freeze for another time!