1 jalapeno pepper, roasted, peeled , stemmed and seeded
2 slices thick cut bacon
2 slices sour dough bread
1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
2 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
2 slices cheddar cheese
1. Split peppers in half. Place the peppers on a baking sheet with the cut side facing down.
2. Place the baking sheet on the top shelf in the oven and broil until the outer layer of the skin has blackened, about 6 minutes.
3. Place the peppers in a zip-lock bag or other sealable container, seal and let them cool until you can handle them, about 20 minutes.
4. Remove the skins from the peppers.
5. Crisp bacon ahead of time in oven, microwave or stove top.
6. Butter the outside of each slice of bread and spread the cream cheese on the inside. Lay one slice of cheddar on the cream cheese of one slice of bread, top with the jalapenos, Bacon, the remaining slice of cheese and finally the other slice of bread.
7. Toast sandwich on a griddle or in a skillet on medium heat until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.
8. Sandwiches can be made ahead of time, cut into finger sandwiches, and placed in an oven-able pan for quick half time heating and serving.