2 lbs ground beef
2 ripe avocados
1 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped (NOT the kind packed in oil)
juice of ½ lemon
zest of 1 lemon
2 Tbsp black pepper
2 Tbsp sea salt, divided
pan spray or vegetable oil
1. Preheat your flame to medium-high heat.
2. Meanwhile, combine in a large mixing bowl ground beef, black pepper, 1 tablespoon sea salt and lemon zest.
3. Mix well and using your hands, form beef into same-sized thin patties. Make sure they are very thin, since you’ll be combine two to make one patty.
4. In another bowl, combine avocados, sun dried tomatoes, lemon juice and remaining tablespoon of sea salt.
5. Mash and mix well to get mixture as smooth as you desire.
6. Divide avocado mixture on top of half the burgers (this will actually be the bottom of the burger). Make sure to leave room to seal the burgers without the filling leaking out.
7. Put the empty patties on top of the avocado-ed patties and pinch the edges of the burgers together to seal all the way around.
8. Grill to your liking! Because the burger is actually 2 thin patties, make sure to cook each side evenly; otherwise one may be overcooked and one may be undercooked.
9. When finished, allow burgers to rest 5-10 minutes before serving, so the avocado mixture doesn’t run.