UK: Prince Harry got extra security during attack

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

Britain's defense secretary says Prince Harry got extra protection when the Taliban attacked his base in Afghanistan last Friday.

Philip Hammond says the prince, a helicopter pilot, was moved to a secure position once it was clear that the perimeter of Camp Bastion had been breached.

In an interview with the BBC Monday night, Hammond said: "He is serving there as an ordinary officer but clearly there are additional security arrangements in place that recognize that he could be a target himself specifically as a result of who he is."

Two U.S. Marines were killed and six planes were destroyed. The Taliban said the attack was staged to avenge a film that insulted Islam and because Harry is serving at the base.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 170147016 - wndu.com/a?a=170147016