Afghanistan's president says 18 people killed in a NATO airstrike in eastern Afghanistan on Wednesday were civilians.
Hamid Karzai says in a statement issued on Thursday that the pre-dawn strike on a house in Logar province was "unacceptable."
NATO has so far confirmed only militant deaths from the strike but has sent an assessment team to investigate allegations that civilians were killed either alongside or instead of insurgents.
Villagers displayed 18 bodies on Wednesday, including five women, seven children and six men. Afghan officials said then that some of the dead men were likely militants.