A Cook County grand jury has indicted five Indiana men on charges that they attacked a group of diners with metal batons and hammers at a suburban Chicago restaurant last month.
Defense attorney Aaron Goldstein says prosecutors announced the indictments at a hearing Tuesday in Bridgeview. Goldstein is representing one of the men.
Prosecutors allege the men were wearing masks and hoods when they stormed into a restaurant in Tinley Park on May 19. Authorities say they attacked a group of people allegedly tied to white supremacist groups.
The men face felony charges of mob action, aggravated battery, criminal damage to property and armed violence. Goldstein says they all remain in custody. He says his client and the others will return to court June 21 and enter not guilty pleas.