HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) A 56-year-old Macomb County woman has died from burns she sustained when she fell into her fireplace.
Authorities say that Linda Westen was leaning over the gas fireplace on Thursday evening when she fell. She lived in Harrison Township, near Mount Clemens.
Authorities say her son extinguished the flames with water and a rug.
The Detroit Free Press says that Westen died Sunday morning.
Officials say that she typically smokes cigarettes near the fireplace but it wasn't clear what she was doing when she fell.