Space heater possible cause of fatal house fire

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

Authorities say a space heater may have started a fire that killed a 69-year-old man at his home in Allegan County.

Mlive.com says the fire happened about 8 p.m. Monday in Lee Township, about 40 miles southwest of Grand Rapids. The home was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.

Township fire Chief Nelvin DeWeerd identifies the victim as Joseph Sejud. Authorities say his body was found on the first floo5r of the two-story home, and his dog also died.

The fire remains under investigation, but authorities are looking at the space heater's electrical cord as the possible cause. The home didn't have central heating.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 183100321 - wndu.com/a?a=183100321