Officials: Michigan boy suffocated by plastic bag

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

HASTINGS, Mich. Officials say a 3-year-old West Michigan boy accidentally suffocated himself with a plastic bag.

According to Michigan State Police, Joel Newton went to bed Monday with his 5-year-old brother. The two were playing when Joel placed a plastic bag over his head.

MLive.com reports Joel couldn't remove the bag, and his brother alerted their father, who performed CPR and called 911.

The Hastings boy died on Tuesday at a hospital.

WOOD-TV says authorities consider his death to be an accident and no foul play is suspected.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 218176852 - wndu.com/a?a=218176852