The mother of an 11-year-old Michigan boy who has been missing since his father failed to return him to his mother last month says the child has been found safe out of state.
Kelly Evans tells WXYZ-TV in a telephone interview midday Friday that Connor Grabowski-Cracchiolo was OK and in custody of the FBI.
An FBI spokesman told The Associated Press the Livingston County sheriff's department would release information. Messages were left with that agency.
Fifty-three-year-old Mark Grabowski is charged in a federal criminal complaint with unlawful flight to avoid prosecution following the disappearance of Connor. The Livingston County father also faces unlawful retention of a child by a parent charge after the boy wasn't returned Aug. 30.
Authorities say a video posted on YouTube Thursday showed the boy.