Mich. Guard technicians, some others called back

By: The Associated Press
By: The Associated Press

LANSING, Mich. Hundreds of Michigan National Guard members and some civilian employees affected by the partial government shutdown are being called back to work.

MLive.com and The Detroit News report military technicians are among those affected. Staff is ordered to report Tuesday.

Maj. Gen. Gregory Vadnais is director of the Michigan Department of Military and Veterans Affairs and adjutant general of the Michigan National Guard. He has said the Guard planned to continue to support key military operations regardless of a shutdown.

Last week, Vadnais said 900 technicians were likely affected by the shutdown.

Most of the furloughed civilian employees at the U.S. Army Tank-Automotive Command Life Cycle Management Command in suburban Detroit returned to work Monday. Roughly half of the 7,500 civilian workers in Warren were placed on furlough last week.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 226874201