BATTLE CREEK, Mich. A jury in Battle Creek has acquitted a man in the 2007 death of a 4-year-old boy who was his girlfriend's son.
Adam Markos was cleared of murder Friday after more than two hours of deliberations.
The case has an unusual history. Markos first was charged immediately after the death of Dominic Munoz, who was struck several times in the head. But after nine months, the charges were dropped.
The Calhoun County prosecutor revived the case earlier this year. Jurors were told that Markos killed the boy because he wasn't using the toilet. Markos denied it. His attorney argued that Dominic's mother was to blame.
After the verdict, Markos told the Battle Creek Enquirer that he hopes "Dominic finally gets justice" someday.