Authorities say a natural gas line leak and fire near a school in Michigan's Upper Peninsula prompted an evacuation.
No injuries were reported following the Tuesday rupture, which happened in the Marquette County community of Republic near Republic-Michigamme School.
WLUC-TV reports (http://bit.ly/XhcgMA ) a contractor was digging 25 feet from the school for a fence when machinery hit an unmarked gas line. The machinery caught fire.
Authorities say the operator got away safely. The incident is under investigation. Classes at the school are canceled for Wednesday following the break.