Man injured by mortar-type firework in Port Huron

By: The Associated Press
By: The Associated Press

Authorities say a 51-year-old man was critically injured when he was struck in the face by a mortar-type firework while a group of people was setting off illegal fireworks in Port Huron.

The St. Clair County sheriff's department says the Port Huron Township man was placing the firework in a tube during a Fourth of July party at a home Friday night when it unexpectedly ignited.

The man was airlifted from Port Huron to a hospital in Ann Arbor, where he was listed in critical condition.

The sheriff's department says other illegal fireworks had been set off at the home before the man was injured.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 23631024 - wndu.com/a?a=23631024
Gray Television, Inc.