THETFORD TOWNSHIP, Mich. Authorities say two people are dead and one is injured after an explosion and fire at a home in Genesee County following a report of a natural gas leak.
MLive.com reports Dave and Sue Miller died after the blast, which happened Tuesday afternoon at a home in Thetford Township. Clio Area Fire Chief Gary Domerese says the homeowner was digging with a backhoe nearby and hit a gas line.
Domerese says authorities are investigating what led the gas to explode. He says the homeowner reported the leak to Consumers Energy and a technician came to the home, but the home exploded as the technician went to a truck to get tools and call for other workers.
The home about 65 miles northwest of Detroit had been undergoing renovation.