Intoxicated patient sets hospital bed on fire

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

An intoxicated patient and an imaginary cigarette resulted in two people suffering burns and minor damage to a University of Michigan Hospital bed.

University public safety spokeswoman Diane Brown tells AnnArbor.com for a story Sunday that the emergency room patient "was trying to light a non-existent cigarette."

Brown says the man "thought he had one," but set the bedding on fire at the Ann Arbor facility.

The patient was burned, as was a nurse who tried to put the fire out about 10:20 p.m. Saturday.

Hospital staff extinguished the flames before firefighters arrived. The fire was contained to the bed. No evacuations were necessary.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 175155741