Michigan family of five overcome by carbon monoxide

By: The Associated Press
By: The Associated Press

A family of five from the Ottawa County village of Spring Lake has been hospitalized after being overcome by carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Spring Lake Township Fire Department says the victims include two adults and their three children.

All family members are being treated this morning at North Ottawa Community Hospital in Grand Haven.

Their names and conditions haven't been released.

The fire department says the colorless and odorless gas leaked from a furnace in the family's home and built up to dangerous levels.

There's no carbon monoxide detector in the home.

The township provides the village with firefighting services.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 12854337 - wndu.com/a?a=12854337