The trial for three people charged in a deadly Indianapolis house explosion will not occur next month as originally scheduled.
WTHR-TV reports defense attorneys for Monserrate Shirley, boyfriend Mark Leonard and his brother, Bob Leonard, told a judge Wednesday they need more time to go through the evidence in the case. WTHR says the judge expects to pick a new trial date in mid-April.
Shirley was formally charged with insurance fraud during Wednesday's hearing and Mark Leonard was charged with conspiracy to commit insurance fraud. All three defendants face murder, arson and conspiracy charges in the Nov. 10 blast that killed two people and destroyed dozens of homes.
WRTV-TV reports Shirley filed an insurance claim two days after the explosion, claiming her home had been destroyed in an accidental fire.