An out-of-control burn pile is being blamed for catching a St. Joe County house on fire Saturday afternoon.
The blaze broke out around 12:30 p.m. at a home on the corner of Fillmore Road and Bristol Street.
Fire officials say a neighbor was burning a pile of brush which caught the field on fire and spread to the vacant house next door.
The battalion chief says the crew had to fight the fire from the exterior only because it was way too dangerous to go in.
They were able to quickly control the flames, but the house was totaled.
The neighbor did get a ticket because he didn't have a burn permit.
Luckily, no one was injured.