Some evacuated from Indianapolis hotel by fire

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

INDIANAPOLIS Some guests were evacuated from a downtown Indianapolis hotel after a small fire broke out.

Firefighters were called about 2:30 a.m. Thursday to the JW Marriott after smoke was reported coming from a utility room on the fourth floor of the 33-story hotel.

WISH-TV and WTHR-TV report the fire was out by the time firefighters arrived and that it was blamed on an electrical problem. The floor was evacuated as a precaution while crews checked for smoke and electrical damage.

No injuries were reported.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 269351361 - wndu.com/a?a=269351361