Smoke inhalation cause of death for 3 children

By: The Associated Press
By: The Associated Press

NEW ALBANY, Ind. A coroner says smoke inhalation was the cause of death of three young children who died in a house fire in southeastern Indiana.

Floyd County Coroner Leslie Knable tells the News and Tribune the names of the children killed in the fire about 2 a.m. Saturday in New Albany were 2-year-old Trinity Hughes, 4-year-old Tyrese Hughes and 6-year-old Tai'zah Hughes.

Another child, 5-year-old Taty'ana Hughes, survived and is being treated at Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis. New Albany fire officials say all four children were in the same bed when the fire started.

New Albany Fire Department reported the fire was caused by a space heater near the bed where the children were located.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 239010651 - wndu.com/a?a=239010651
Gray Television, Inc.