UPDATE: Lit candle causes house fire

By: NewsCenter 16 Staff Email
By: NewsCenter 16 Staff Email

Crews in South Bend were busy Sunday morning battling a fire that erupted from a South Bend home.

The fire started at around 5:30 a.m. in the 5000 block of S. Main St. in South Bend.

When firefighters arrived they found the house fully engulfed, luckily they said there were no people inside.

The fire started when one of the residents lit a candle and fell asleep.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 269728771 - wndu.com/a?a=269728771