SW Indiana shopping center fire ruled accidental

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

The Indiana State Fire Marshal's Office says a fire that destroyed a southwestern Indiana shopping center was accidental.

Indiana Department of Homeland Security spokesman John Erickson told the Evansville Courier & Press on Monday that investigators determined the fire started in an attic of one of the businesses in the Sharon Place Shopping Center in Newburgh, a town just east of Evansville.

About 60 firefighters from several Warrick County departments battled the blaze after it began early Saturday.

Warrick County Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Shari Sherman says she hopes the shopping center is rebuilt and fills with tenants again.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 180929121