COLUMBUS, Ind. The county prosecutor says he's in no rush to file criminal charges against the jailed man identified by the sheriff as the sole suspect in the shooting deaths of four people in a southern Indiana home last month.
Bartholomew County Prosecutor Bill Nash tells The Republic of Columbus that he wants to take the available time investigating the May 11 shooting deaths since public safety isn't at risk.
The county sheriff says 55-year-old Samuel Sallee is the only person suspected in the attack in which a woman and three men were killed in Waynesville, a small community outside Columbus. Sallee was indicted Tuesday on federal weapons charges.
Sallee told The Indianapolis Star in an interview last week that he didn't kill the four people, whom he called his friends.