Prosecutor: Indianapolis blast not accidental

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

A prosecutor says investigators have ruled out any accidental cause for the Indianapolis house explosion that killed two people, destroyed five homes and damaged dozens more.

Marion County Prosecutor Terry Curry told The Associated Press on Tuesday that city arson investigators and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives had concluded the Nov. 10 blast wasn't an accident.

Officials announced Monday that their probe had shifted to a criminal investigation, but did not explicitly say accidental causes had been ruled out.

Curry said Tuesday that search warrants have been executed, but that additional search warrants issued by local judges have yet to be served.

He declined to discuss details of the criminal investigation or the search warrants, saying that releasing information at this point "would jeopardize the ongoing investigation."


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 180229091