A northern Indiana house fire has claimed the lives of two people.
WANE-TV reports firefighters arrived at the fire in Peru about 11:30 p.m. Saturday and found 56-year-old Michael Lamb and 40-year-old Shannon Scheibellhut suffering from fire and smoke-related injuries.
WANE says the Miami County coroner pronounced Scheibellhut dead at Dukes Memorial Hospital in Peru. Lamb was transferred to the burn unit at Parkview Hospital in Fort Wayne but did not survive.
An early investigation by state fire marshals indicates the blaze might have started near an electrical source in the front room of the home.
Peru is about 50 miles southwest of Fort Wayne.