Fort Wayne apartment fire deemed accidental

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

A Fort Wayne apartment fire that left one person hospitalized and displaced about 40 people has been ruled an accident.

WPTA-TV and the News-Sentinel reported Monday that fire investigators determined the blaze Sunday morning at the Baldwin Creek Apartments began in a malfunctioning light fixture and was electrical in nature.

One person was reported in good condition after being taken to a hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email:
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 180931651 -
Gray Television, Inc.