Firefighters say fireworks ignited an overnight house fire in Indianapolis, where use of personal fireworks has been banned because of the recent drought.
Investigators say witnesses told them sparks from fireworks landed on the lawn of the home on the city's northwest side early Tuesday and caught the grass on fire. They say the fire spread to the deck and then to the house.
WRTV-TV reports firefighters found heavy smoke and flames spreading through the house when they arrived about 12:30 a.m.
No one was home at the time.
The Indianapolis Star says police arrested two teenagers who they say caused a grass fire by igniting Roman candles Monday in an eastside neighborhood.
Mayor Greg Ballard issued a disaster emergency declaration Saturday banning use of personal fireworks for seven days.